What is “The Test of Proficiency in Korean” (TOPIK)?
TOPIK is an official language proficiency test for non-native speakers and it aims to test the proficiency level of speakers. The examination is based on multiple-choice questions that assess the knowledge in the following areas: vocabulary, kanji, grammar, and listening. The examination was launched in 1984 and consists of four levels. The examination was revised in the year 2010. Therefore, the present test structure has five levels, starting from Level 1 (Beginners) to Level 4 (Advanced) and the test is recognised in every sector. The test is offered six times annually (Jan, Apr, May, Jul, Oct, and Nov) within Korea and less often to people studying Korean in other countries.
TOPIK programme at Langma School of Languages is designed to focus on Korean language points and elements required for the test. The programme is aimed to get you a grip on all the elements required for the TOPIK such as Grammar, Vocabulary, and Listening along with writing comprehension. The programme at Langma School of Languages allows students to prepare for the exam and attain desired score.
It is important that students share their requirement before commencing the programme so that the teachers can tailor the lessons based on their needs to achieve a particular goal. The purpose of this examination may vary; some may pursue it for citizenship or applying for universities whilst others view it as a chance to get a better paid employment. At Langma School of Languages, we carefully choose the teachers who can focus on exam preparation, and are familiar with the testing patters, and the expectations of examiners. Langma School of Languages offers lessons for individuals who are in dire need of an extra dimension/attention or groups who need the overall development.
|Duration|| (2 hours/session)|
|Class timings||IST (International Standard Timings)|
|Class size||Maximum 6 students|
What can you expect from this course?
- Specific focus on the full range of Korean skills (formal, academic, technical vocabulary, grammar in the four skills of Reading, Writing, Speaking, and Listening).
- Specific focus on TOPIK exam techniques (note taking, speed reading and understanding complex vocabulary from context, among others) with the convenience of classroom setup and as well as online classes.
- The support of teachers with high levels of TOPIK exams preparation experience.
- Focused exam practice with authentic examination papers.
- Flexibility: - Students can choose 4 weeks or 6 weeks programme as their time and budget allows, complete their studies while honouring their work and financial commitments.
- Expertise: - Our staff is highly qualified and possess years of expertise in the field of teaching. Moreover, individuals support is offered to every student throughout the programme.
- Programme Design: - Langma School of Languages has created its programme specifically designed to reflect the types of tasks found on the Test. We constantly monitor our programme and add study materials.
- Integrated Approach to Learning: - Each week students practice three main modules each day.
- Relevance: - Students work with authentic texts and official exam materials to build language competency in specific areas.
- Focus on Accuracy: – Learning is carefully scaffolded to ensure that the students build a large bank of vocabulary and use appropriate grammatical structures with a high degree of accuracy.
- Exam Strategies: – Our students learn and practice effective in every lesson, every day!