Mandarin for kids programme at Langma School of Languages is designed for children (8 – 13 age groups) to ensure that students acquire literate and spoken Mandarin skills. Langma School of Languages’ programme content of learning is linked directly to practical usage, which helps children fulfil their educational potential. A spoken Mandarin environment is encouraged in the classroom in the first few weeks to enhance language learning, communication in Mandarin is of paramount importance in our classroom teaching methodologies.
Group studies and discussions will be conducted where freedom of speech will be developed as an integral part of the learning outcomes. Group discussions, conversations, and the opportunity to interact with teachers and professionals of national and international repute are interwoven with theory modules to provide a balanced and immersive learning experience. Audio-visual aids are utilised for assistance and ongoing learning in areas of pronunciation and accent training bringing variety and interest to the classroom environment. Extracurricular practices are encouraged and it is envisaged that spoken Mandarin skills are taken beyond the formal teaching environment constraints and into the children’s daily lives. At Langma School of Languages, grammar is considered in the training not only in spoken terms but there are extensive formal grammar lessons. We promote and encourage free expression and learning from experience, context, and situational norms.
Langma School of Languages’ experienced faculty ensures that the language learning sessions are inclusive, effective, interactive, and participatory. At Langma School of Languages, skills are learned by doing, which can not be learned by mere listening to lectures, audio tapes or by reading books and magazines. A basic structure is created by imparting an overall knowledge of the topic followed by practical exercises and interactive practice sessions. Langma School of Languages’ expertise in education and its ongoing revolutionary changes are brought into play with specific topics and practise sessions that are designed exclusively for children. These topics cover a range of relevant and fun-based areas deemed to be of the greatest value and interest to the participants. Our aim is to significantly enhance the knowledge of the Mandarin language and provide practical enjoyable yet effective methods of teaching Mandarin to augment the immersive learning techniques already in place.
|Class timings||IST (International Standard Timings)|
|Class size||Maximum 10 students|
|Age||8 – 13 years|
- We want our students to learn everyday Mandarin that will allow them to communicate efficiently at work and in everyday situations.
- Classes follow a balanced syllabus based on a pragmatic approach.
- In the class, we use a combination of textbooks, exercises, authentic materials, scholarly articles and some online applications.
- We make sure classes are well-planned, engaging and delivered in a friendly and inspiring atmosphere.
- More traditional grammar and vocabulary exercises seamlessly interlock with reading and listening comprehension tasks including role-plays, group discussions, extempore, interactive games and small projects.
- Our main assets are our teachers – fully qualified, experienced and passionate about what they do.
- After successful completion of the course, students are rewarded with a certificate.